Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Reusing food pouches

My boys love those food pouches - especially the baby. He will suck down the entire pouch in less then a minute (I've timed him!) They are portable, but not very affordable, especially when my three can easily devour six of them in one sitting.  

I have figured out how to easily refill them. You only need three simple things:
  • Cake decorating bag, with a medium tip
  • Empty, flat, food pouch (that has been washed out and dried)
  • Your food of choice (I'm using raspberry applesauce.) You can easily make your own puree, and even put veggies in it. I have found that it's very important to make the puree smooth. If there are chunks in it, it will clog up

 So you will fill the cake decorating bag with your puree, then place the tip into the opening of the food pouch.While squeezing the puree into the pouch, apply slight pressure downward so it forms a tight seal. Or else you will get sprayed with puree!
 
After it starts to fill up, you might have to pause, tap the pouch on the counter to settle the contents. 

When it's full, place the top back on and place in the fridge.



    No comments:

    Post a Comment